The Liebster Award is a way to introduce and welcome new bloggers to the blogging community, and recently I was nominated by Tina of Tea is for Tina.
Here are the rules:
1. Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
2. Include the LEIBSTER AWARD sticker in the post too.
3. Nominate 5-10 other new bloggers that have 500 or less followers who you think are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on 1 of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you.
4. Answer the 10 questions asked to you by the person who nominated you and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
5. Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
These are the questions Tina gave me to answer:
1. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this year so far?
This is a tricky one to answer, as 2015 has been the best year of my life. In February I got married, in July we bought our first home together, last month we welcomed a new addition to the family in the form of a little ginger furball (a kitten called Dexter), and a couple of weeks ago I started a new job which I’m really excited about. So it’s hard to pick one thing really, I’d just have to say that 2015 has been pretty amazing!
2. What inspires you to blog about something? Where does the idea for posts come from?
I usually just blog about places I’ve eaten or things I’ve cooked/baked at home. Sometimes I’ll write more topical pieces, usually based on something that is creating quite a stir amongst the general public which I offer my view on. For instance, I sometimes write my thoughts on food related TV programmes which have created quite a fuss on social media, such as The World’s Most Expensive Food, and Jamie Oliver’s Sugar Rush.
3. Name somebody you admire.
I admire my Mum (or my Mumsie, as I always call her!). Without getting too soppy, she’s just an incredible person. She always sees the best in everyone and every situation (the complete opposite to me – she tries to encourage me to be more positive) and has coped so amazingly since my Dad passed away a couple of years ago, including moving back to the UK from Cyprus, which was obviously a huge task, complete with a cat and dog. We speak every morning and I can’t imagine not having our daily chats!
4. Do you prefer the countryside or the city?
This is also a really tough one for me. I was born in the countryside (North Yorkshire) and there’s nothing I like more than escaping London for the weekend and heading back home. But I just couldn’t live without the things that the city has to offer – restaurants, theatres, shops. So I suppose I’d have to say the city for this stage in my life, but I wouldn’t want to be here forever.
5. What TV series are you currently watching, or what was the last?
I love a good Netflix binge – at the moment I’m watching ‘The Leftovers’ on Sky (on catch-up). It’s a slightly odd sci-fi/drama combo, where thousands of people across the world simply vanish into thin air one day, and it follows the lives of the people left behind (hence the name). It stars some big names including Justin Theroux, Liv Tyler and Christopher Eccleston, but I feel it went fairly unnoticed in the UK. I’m only a few episodes in, but loving it so far.
6. First record/cassette/CD/download single you ever bought (depending on age)?
The first CD I ever bought was ‘Blue is the Colour’ by The Beautiful South. My friend’s Dad used to play it in the car and I loved it. I used my pocket money to buy it and my parents were rather taken aback when I opened it up at home to see the ‘language warning’ sticker on the front (this was before the days of the black and white parental guidance logo!). It was also during the days of having booklets with the full song lyrics written inside, which my Mum instantly opened and wasn’t quite sure what to do when she saw the words to ‘Don’t Marry Her’…
7. Favourite clothes shop?
I must admit, I’m not a girly girl that loves to shop. I tend to spend my money more on food and things for the house than clothes, but when I do go clothes shopping, Zara is my fave.
8. What makes you get out of bed each day?
I would say that ambition gets me out of bed each day. While I’m completely happy with my relationships and my job, I think it’s always important to have both short and long terms goals, and also to have things planned to look forward to, whether that’s going for dinner at the weekend or an exciting holiday in the pipeline.
9. What is your number one beauty tip?
As I mentioned, I’m not exactly the best person to ask for fashion or beauty tips, and I don’t tend to wear very much make up :S
10. Daddy or chips?
Without meaning to end on a sad note, as I mentioned earlier, as my Dad passed away a couple of years ago, it has to be Daddy! Although I’m sure as a child it was probably chips!
I would like to nominate:
Amanda, from Ginger Mum Blog
Kait and Justin from Our Foodie Appetite
Charlotte of Smudgeness
And these are the questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite book?
3. What is your very earliest memory?
4. Marmite lover or hater?
5. If you could click your fingers and be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
6. Where is your favourite restaurant?
7. What is your favourite thing to cook or bake at home?
8. What has been your favourite blog post to write so far?
9. Have you had any blogging-related disasters?
10. What is the best thing you’ve learned about blogging since you started?
Over to you! And thank you for nominating me, Tina!